A Bachelor of Commerce (or B.Com.) degree is a three year undergraduate course. The degree is basically structured to offer aptitude in organizational behaviour and business principles by focusing on core subjects such as law, finance, statistics, marketing, accounting, economics, cooperative as well as marketing education. This is a degree that offers students with expert knowledge in a variety of fields of organization and business management.
Advantages or Benefits of Bachelor of Commerce Degree:
- According to an updated report in Global Financial Monitor, employers are presently facing a talent scarcity of accounting and finance professionals. This signifies that the job opportunities for graduates with a commerce degree are moderately promising. In fact, it is one of the most sought after and valuable degree programs today.
- The Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.) degree serves as an abridgement (or entry requirement) between the undergraduate program and postgraduate programs, including the Master of Commerce (M.Com.) and the Master of Business Administration (MBA) degrees.
- Com degree serves as the best foundation for professional courses like Chartered Accountancy (ICAI), Cost and Work Accountancy (ICWA), Company Secretaryship (ICSI), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), etc.
- Com graduates can choose for further advanced studies and career in different specializations of Commerce such as in Statistics, Taxation, Accounting & Finance, Banking, Insurance etc.
- With a B.Com degree you are well-prepared to be successful in both corporate and self-employment.
- There are high job prospects for holders of this degree as all companies or businesses needs a commerce specialist, manager or at the very least an accountant.
- Familiarity in accounting offers you with an aptitude to comprehend and scrutinize financial reports and how they usually affect a business. A good knowledge in management and cost accounting practices is significant in decision making processes and in planning as well as evaluating the performance of a company’s business activities.
- Human resource management is an additional option provided in this degree course. This choice prepares students with the essential skills in analyzing, identifying and searching solutions to problems associated with human resource activities.