Milagres College offers the Masters Degree in Commerce which is a two year post graduate degree course, affiliated to Mangalore University. The course pattern is designed by Mangalore University. M.Com. is of two-year duration with two semesters a year (Four semesters in total). It comprises of 5 papers per semester (20 papers in total) with an option for dissertation in the fourth semester.
- Financial Management and Investment Science
- Human Resource Development and Management
- Banking and Insurance Management
Candidates shall have passed the three year B.Com / B.B.M. / B.B.A. degree examination of Mangalore University, or any other recognized university, considered as equivalent thereto provided they have obtained not less than 45% (40% for SC / ST candidates) marks in aggregate excluding language subjects.
Documents to be submitted at the time of admission:
- Original Marks card
- Transfer Certificate
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Conduct certificate from the college last attended
- 5 copies of recent passport size photographs
- Eligibility Certificate from Mangalore University (if passed the qualifying examination outside Karnataka)
- M.Com degree serves as a foundation for further advanced studies and research in commerce and management studies such as Ph.D. and M.Phil degrees.
- M.Com graduates can choose for further advanced studies and career in different specializations of Commerce such as in Statistics, Taxation, Accounting & Finance, Cost and Management Accounting, Banking, Marketing, Insurance, HR Management, IT / ITES, etc.
- M.Com graduates can choose research job in different fields of India’s national security problems including the international relations, geo – strategic, geo – political, socio – economic, tactical aspects of war, etc.
- The Post Graduates in Commerce (M.Com) are exposed to a wide range of careers dealing with the flow of money, from an accountant to an investment banker, money manager to a personal finance consultant.
- After Master’s degree in Commerce, a student can apply for the UGC-NET or JRF exam to pursue their career in teaching profession and research.
For further guidance and details, contact:
P.G. Department of Studies and Research in Commerce (M.Com.),
Kallianpur – 576114,