Catholic Educational Society of Udupi
Catholic Educational Society of Udupi (CESU) Diocese was formed in the year 2014to coordinate and consolidate the efforts of the parent body Catholic Board of Education of Mangalore Diocese, to take care of the educational institutions coming under Udupi Diocese after its separation from Mangalore Diocese. Presently CESU takes care of the educational institutions with the following aims and objectives:
- To establish, take – over and administer schools, colleges of education or universities of regular and diverse studies and sciences, encompassing and relating to, but without limiting it to, General, Formal, Technical, Medical, Cultural and Social, Science Centres, Professional and Alternate / other career – oriented education within the diocese of Udupi / anywhere / anyplace in India.
- To establish and provide facilities for Pre – Primary, Primary, Higher – Primary, Secondary, Pre – University, Graduate, Post – Graduate and Doctoral studies:
- For the benefit of all, especially individuals belonging to the Minority Christian Community, so that no individual is deprived of the benefit for want of education / qualification and:
- Provide an opportunity to individuals, irrespective of caste, creed, religion, sex, social status / standing or community, and ensure a society of quality with civic, social and moral values
- Specifically, but without being exhaustive, in furtherance of the general objects:
- To establish and maintain Universities and Institutions to promote education in Science, Arts, Commerce, Business Management, Law, Literature, Information Technology, Bio – Technology, Interior Designing, Fashion Designing, Hospitality Management, etc.
- To establish and maintain Research and Medical Institutes providing Allopathy, Homeopathy, Ayurveda, Unani and other alternative / indigenous system of medicines for treatment of ailments, establish Medical, Dental, Para – medical and Nursing colleges, Pharmacies, Research Centres and Laboratories, Dispensaries, Primary Health Care Centres, Hospitals, and the like.
- To establish and maintain Universities and Institutions to provide Technical Education in the form of Industrial Training Institutes, Polytechnic Institutes, Technical Training Institutes, Community Colleges, Engineering colleges offering Certificate, Diploma, Graduate, Post Graduate Degrees, Doctoral studies, etc.
- To promote agrarian activities and animal husbandry by establishing institutions / colleges to provide education in Fisheries, Agriculture, Horticulture, Veterinary Science, etc.
- To establish institutes and centres for studies in Philosophy, Inter – faith studies in Canon law, etc.
- To promote Sports, Cultural Activities and Fine Arts and, to that end, to establish and manage Schools, Colleges and Academies of Sports, Music, Dance, Drama, Animation, Theatre and the like.
- To establish, administer and manage institutions for training, coaching, guiding or counselling individuals aspiring to enter the Public / Civic / Defence Services of the Center as well the State, such as IFS, IAS, IPS, IRS, KAS, Army, Navy, Air Force, etc. and be of service to the nation
- To establish and take over residential schools and administer the same
- To give quality life and equal educational opportunities to orphans, destitutes, and the economically and socially marginalized individuals of the society by establishing and managing orphanages and hostels attached to the institutions of the Society.
- To bring, publish and sell, distribute books, periodicals, leaflets, brochures and papers, and also open and maintain Libraries, Reading Rooms and the like for the promotion of the objects of the Society
- To confer honour and titles on eminent personalities for their outstanding contributions and achievements in the field of Science, Education, Literature, Art, Culture, etc.
- To collaborate with other such societies in ensuring the all – round development of the Society.